23 NOVEMBER, 2018
SAVE THE DATE FOR CYMERA—Scotland’s first Festival of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Writing!
Dates: 7-9 June 2019 WWW.CYMERAFestival.co.uk firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: @CymeraF Facebook: @CymeraFest
CYMERA is a new literary festival dedicated to Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror writing. The festival is the brainchild of Ann Landmann, formerly events manager for Blackwell’s Edinburgh, now working in trade publishing.
She says, “I founded CYMERA to celebrate three often overlooked but hugely popular genres. By modelling CYMERA on existing book festivals, we aim to put genre writing on an equal footing with literary fiction.
We want to connect readers with some of their favourite authors, and introduce them to the writing stars of the future.”
“For Scotland to have its own festival of science fiction, fantasy and horror is long overdue. From classics to comics, the fantastic in Scottish literature has a storied history. CYMERA lights a bright beacon for its future.”
• Combined print and digital book sales have doubled for science fiction and fantasy since 2010, according to industry analysis blog Author Earnings.
• Self-published and Amazon-published ebooks made up 48% of all SF&F sales across print, digital, and audio in 2017.
CYMERA aims to nurture the enjoyment of science fiction, fantasy and horror by bringing together writers and readers from Scotland—and beyond—to share ideas and celebrate creativity.
CONFIRMED APPEARANCES BY:
Samantha Shannon, Ken MacLeod, Charles Stross, Claire McFall, Cassandra Khaw
Full Programme Announcement in February 2019
* Provide a meeting place for writers and readers.
* Bring national and international authors to Scotland’s premier festival city.
* Discover, nurture and showcase local writers.
* Oﬀer creative writing workshops with award-winning authors
* Break down the boundaries between genre writing and general fiction.
* Engage a diverse audience of readers, writers and illustrators.
* Feature author conversations, lectures, and panel discussions.
* Oﬀer events for readers of every age.
* Encourage academic debate through a partnership with the MLitt Department at Glasgow University and the Creative Writing MA programme at Edinburgh Napier University.
What To Do Now:
• Visit our website at www.CYMERAFestival.co.uk
• Sign up for our mailing list and newsletter.
• Support us via our crowdfunding page.
• Traders, register your interest in applying for a pitch in our creators’ room by emailing email@example.com. Applications go out in December. Priority given to local artists and writers.
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Landmann is available for interviews.
CYMERA is a Registered Charity #SC048809